Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 26


Today is our second tour around Wuhan and it rained.

We went shopping at 步行街. There are many shops there with like Bugis Junction. Our lunch is at Korean restaurant where there is a waiter to help us cook our food for us. It was rather delicious.

Lunch:





After shopping the whole morning, we went back to 汉口江滩. It was still slight drizzle. We took some photos there and went back to WUST.

Today is 28 March 2009. Earth Hour 2009 is tonight at 2030 to 2130.

Just now, I celebrated Earth Hour in the room. Only Xin Hui and I were in the room with Mei Yi ran out to other rooms, as she does not want to join us in this event.

We switched off all appliances. This includes heater, water heater, ventilator in the bathroom, and lights. Both of us use our torches to spend our one hour. Initially we wanted to take photos in the dark. However, it was too dark for photos. So sorry there are none to share.

Xin Hui spent an hour studying for common test next Thursday. As for me, I spent my meaningful Earth hour reading “The Last Lecture” by Randy Pausch. It is a very interesting and inspiring book to read.


The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch


To find out more about this Earth Hour, click this link. http://www.earthhour.org/home/

Earth Hour starts in 2007 in Sydney. The purpose of it is to alert people of the global warming that is affecting the Earth by us. Since we are here in Wuhan to study about Environmental Technology, I think we should all take part in this Earth Hour tonight. So here, I am a participant of the Earth Hour in room 217 at WUST just now. It is a meaningful event to participate in.

Perhaps one day, everyone will take part in Earth Hour monthly.



26 days down. 15 days left

No comments:

Post a Comment