Moring lesson at 1000 is on Biochemical Oxygen Demand and Chemical Oxygen Demand. To say the truth, I think I am not in the right mood to study. I am in a holiday mood that I do not have the drive to study during a school term. I guess I have to find a way to get my life organize here.
Do you think there are differences in lessons conducting here with the lessons in Singapore? The lessons conducted by Mr. Chong were in a classroom with proper tables and chairs. It was the same environment as in Primary and Secondary schools. Such memories were so distant from me now. I think lessons conducted this way, it felt closer between the one who taught and those who learnt than learning in a lecture hall.
However, I prefer the lecture style of learning. At least you have a choice to listen. Lecturers will also not stop those who are not interested in listening from doing what they are doing as long as it does not interrupt their lessons. Furthermore I think that through lecture style, one will be able to learn more as not all the information are being spoon feed by the lecturer like the teachers of Primary and Secondary school.
Look of our 6 weeks classroom.
Teaching from slides.
Using of whiteboard for answering questions
A scene from "An Inconvenience Truth" by Al Gore.After morning lesson, five of us (Jonathan, Mei Yi, Xin Hui, Yi Sheng and I) went to canteen for lunch. Others went to McDonald’s for lunch while Hardy, Jasper and Yong Qi went back to the dormitory. Our Yong Qi mama is sick today. For this reason, we went to the back alley to buy porridge back for him. Finally, I bought apples as well. Five apples cost 5.50 Yuan. The apples chose by the person is sweet. I cut two apples for lunch to share with the eight of us and just ate one apple as I blogged.

My initial 5 apples that is left with 2 at the end of this post.
After lunch, lessons continued. I am still confused about the lessons while doing the tutorial. After which was the last part of the “An Inconvenient Truth” and a new movie “Madagascar, Escape 2 Africa”. More lecture notes to photocopy so that I do not fall asleep during lesson time. I guess one of the reasons for not being motivated to study is because of the lack of lecture notes and slides initially. I am not a person who enjoys facing the laptop to study slides, as I want paper form where I am able to add in additional information. There is industrial visit tomorrow and everyone is required to collect helmets for usage. Where we are going, I have no idea as well.
The weather is so nice today to allow me to wash my clothes. I hope that it will be dry by Wednesday. When I finished washing clothes, there was only Xin Hui and I left. Others were playing badminton at the courts. As a result, we went down to join them.

After badminton, all of us went to back alley for dinner. We are too big a group to have dinner together so we split up. I had 鲜肉香菇饺子dumplings for dinner with Kidd, Jason and Xin Hui. Dessert is Magnum ice cream. The Magnum ice cream is cheaper here than in Singapore. I guess when I am back in Singapore; I will feel that the cost of living there is extremely high. This is because the numerical value of Yuan is the same as the numerical value of Sing $.
鲜肉香菇饺子
Clockwise, Kidd, Xin Hui, Me, JasonAfter dinner, we had group project on ENV. I have to start doing my research for this project after blogging about my day.
To-do List:
1) Complete the journals of other days
2) Collecting photos by passing around external hard disk
3) Start understanding the lecture information
4) Completing my individual learning objectives
This should be all for today. Keep posted for industrial visit tomorrow. =)
14 days down. 27 days left.
No comments:
Post a Comment