Monday, March 16, 2009

Day 12 (14-03-2009)

Both Xin Hui and I were woke up by the noisy music blasting in the room at 0700. It was not a good night rest. The weather is freezing cold and the pillow is too soft for me to fall asleep.

Breakfast is plain porridge, noodles, hardboiled egg and mantou. The food is normal except the noodles, which is rather delicious.



We waited until 1000 to board another ship to 神农溪. It has beautiful sceneries along the way. Finally, I met Xin Rong on board and took photos with him.


Scenes along the stream.


Do you see the hole? It was said to be where the coffins are placed in it. How it is placed into the hole on the cliff it is unknown.

On board the small ship, I bought postcards of the beautiful three Gorges and pandas. I took more photos along the way until we finally reached a place where the ship could no longer travel through. We switched from boats to wooden boats or water rafts. This is to let us experience the how the way the people over there survives in the past. They row their own wooden boats to a small little steam and start pulling the boat across it. Small streams where boats and ships are too big to pass through, people will start to pull their wooden boats along it until the river is wide enough to row.

The water at this small little stream is so clear and can be drink. It tastes cool and refreshing.

Our tour guide sings cultural songs for us on the way back to our main ship. On the way back to our cruise, I was sleeping. We reached the cruise at 1500 for lunch.


Water rafts and the clear water

process of pulling.


tour guide singing.

Lunch at 1500



Back in cruise, we had our lunch as the cruise travels towards our next destination near 重庆 province. It is 白帝城. By the time we reached the destination, it is already dark. We have to climb up many stairs to 白帝庙. If I did not count wrongly, there are 364 steps. We tour around there and back to the cruise at 2100 for our dinner.


白帝庙


Our dinner at 2100.

I slept at 0000 after coming down from the deck. We were trying to star gaze and to enjoy the night breeze. However, it was too cold. Therefore, I ditched them and went down to the room to join Xin Hui who is sleeping.

12 days down. 29 days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment